Monday, April 18, 2011

In the kitchen

So I have had a little extra creativity and a little extra time, and have come up with some of my own recipes. I bought a fresh pineapple in hopes that I could figure out something yummy to make with it. 


Tropical Salmon


2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 c chopped onion
1/3 c fresh pineapple
1/4 c red or orange bell pepper 
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar


Simmer in a sauce pan 5 minutes. Spoon over Salmon filets. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.


Friday night, Emerett went to bed at 7:00, so Nathan and I stayed up late baking. So I used some more of the pineapple to make Hummingbird cupcakes. I would put that recipe on here too...but Nathan wants to keep it a secret. We used bananas, pineapple, and honey with a rich cream cheese frosting. The cupcakes will be our way of making friends this Easter. 

Lemon Pepper Chicken

3 chicken breasts cut into strips
3 T olive oil
3 T lemon juice
1/2 green bell pepper
1/3 onion sliced
1 tsp pepper
1 T honey

Saute all (except honey) together in a sauce pan on high heat until chicken is fully cooked and onions and bell peppers are tender. Add honey last. Serve over rice.

Then last night I made Lasagna and some hearty breadsticks. Well, there were some extra breadsticks left over and somehow Nathan and I got into a breadstick fight. This morning I am sweeping up parmesan crumbs left over from last nights edible game of dodgeball.

Breadsticks

1 1/2 c warm water
3 1/4 t yeast
3 c white flour
3/4 c wheat flour
3 T olive oil
1 1/2 t sugar
1 1/2 t salt

Dissolve yeast in water. Mix remaining ingredients. Let sit for however long it takes you to prep dinner. With hand roll out into sticks. Top with cheesy goodness. Bake 15-20 minutes at 425. Works great for pizza dough!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum yum, Mary! Feel free to be my friend and bring me some hummingbird cupcakes any day! I love your sweet blog. You have a beautiful family.
    Liz Reber

    ReplyDelete